What is the most libertarian state? A state can be considered libertarian if it has a political culture that values limited government, individual rights, and personal freedom. Here’s a list of the 10 most libertarian states:
The Most Libertarian State
- New Hampshire – Considered the most libertarian state in the country. New Hampshire has a strong tradition of individual rights and limited government. Hence, libertarians often view the state as a utopia.
- Alaska – Known for its rugged wilderness and rugged individuals. The state has a long history of supporting limited government and individual freedom. Alaska is home to many prominent libertarian leaders and activists.
- Wyoming – Wyoming is another state with a strong libertarian tradition. The state is home to many voters who identify as libertarian.
- Vermont – Famous for its progressive politics, Vermont also has a strong libertarian streak. Also, the state has a high percentage of registered voters identifying as libertarian.
- Colorado – Colorado is a state with a diverse political culture, as reflected by a large number of registered libertarian voters. Hence, it came as no surprise that Colorado was the first state to legalize recreational marijuana.
SPORTS GRUMBLINGS SPOTLIGHT
Breaking News! Newly-elected congressman George Santos (R) sets the record straight. In a matter of speaking, that is.
- Oregon – Known mainly for its bohemian culture, Oregon has a bit of a libertarian streak. As a result, many consider Oregon “left-libertarian”.
- Montana – Many know Montana for its open land and rugged individualism, therefore this is reflected in its strong libertarian voter base. The state has a long history of supporting individual liberty, a markedly “leave me alone” attitude.
- Idaho – Idaho is another state with a strong libertarian tradition. We also know the state for its wide open spaces, which is reflected in its political culture.
- Utah – Like many states with low population densities, Utah consequently has a libertarian ideological streak. This libertarian streak intertwines with conservatism, resulting in “conservatarianism”.
- Arizona – Arizona is a state with a diverse political culture. It reflects this in its large number of registered libertarian voters.
The number of registered Libertarian Party members may not reflect the level of libertarianism in a state, as they may not register many individuals who identify as libertarian as members of the party. Additionally, state voter registration laws affect the ability of the Libertarian Party to recruit members.
CHECK OUT ALL OUR GREAT PODCASTS… CLICK AN IMAGE TO GET STARTED!